- 25/09/2017 Tutorial on automatic music processing organised by International Audio Laboratories Erlangen in Chemnitz (Germany).
- 01/09/2017 Symposium for Digital Musicology Programme at the Senate House (Room 261), Malet St, London WC1E 7HU, UK. YouTube streaming available.
- 30/11 – 03/12/2017 11th Conference on Interdisciplinary Musicology, Istanbul, Turkey
- 11-12/05/2017 19th International Conference on Interdisciplinary Musicology, Montreal, Canada
- 27/04/2017 Live streaming of AHRC/NAFCo Workshop on Memory, Music & Movement and the role of Digital Humanities (Aberdeen, UK). Anyone who is interested in participating online, please contact Ian Russell (ianrussel at abdn.ac.uk).
2.00pm: Session 1 – Keynote Address: Timothy R. Tangherlini, Professor of Folklore in the Scandinavian Section of the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures, UCLA, USA, ‘Fiddling with Computers: Archival and Fieldwork Challenges in Folkloristics’.
3.45pm: Session 2 – In the Hot Seat: Presentations by David McGuinness, Pat Ballantyne, and Gaila Kirdienė, with responses by Tim Tangherlini.
- 14-16/06/2017 7th International Workshop on Folk Music Analysis
Workshop @ UMA, Malaga (ES)
- 27/03 – 01/04/2017 Computational Ethnomusicology: Methodologies for a New Field
Worshop @ Lorentz Center, Leiden (NL)